Cielito Azul Web Cam (East)
Cielito Azul Web Cam (West)
The Cielito Azul observatory
located at 36°32′ 57″ N – 105°48’48” W.
near Tres Piedras, NM USA.
The observatory is primarily focused on all-sky and wide-field imaging and time-lapse astrophotography. Located on the high desert Taos Plateau with an unobstructed 360 degree view, our location is ideal for all-sky observations of meteors, satellites, and aircraft.
- A Global Meteor Network north-facing meteor detector camera with RMS meteor detection and tracking software running on a Raspberry Pi 4 computer.
- All-Sky Raspberry Pi HQ camera with Arecont Vision 1/2” 1.55mm f2 lens, Thomas Jacquin Raspberry Pi based AllSky software running on a Raspberry Pi 3B+ computer
- Lumix GH-3 DSLR with 4mm f2.8 Fisheye lens for 4K resolution all-sky capture
- Celestron C-90 SCT telescope, Canon 20D DSLR camera, with Skywatcher All-View Alt-Az mount and SynScan Wi-Fi adapter.
- Meade LXD-55 6″ Newtonion telescope with EQ mount
- A Raspberry Pi computer running StellarMate OS and K-Stars software to control the telescopes.
- Ambient Weather WS_2902 weather station