The Cielito Azul observatory
located at 36°32′ 57″ N – 105°48’48” W.
near Tres Piedras, NM USA.
The observatory is primarily focused on all-sky and wide-field imaging and time-lapse astrophotography. Located on the high desert Taos Plateau with an unobstructed 360 degree view, our location is ideal for all-sky observations of meteors, satellites, and aircraft.
- ASI120 MC-S planetary camera with Thomas Jacquin Raspberry Pi based AllSky software
- Lumix GH-3 DSLR with 4mm f2.8 Fisheye lens for 4K all-sky capture
- Celestron C-90 SCT telescope, ASI120MC-S planetary camera, with Skywatcher All-View Alt-Az mount.
- Meade LXD-55 6″ Newtonion telescope with EQ mount
- Astroberry Raspberry Pi computer running K-Stars software.
- Ambient Weather WS_2902 weather station
- PiAware ADS-B Aircraft receiver
Astronomical viewing conditions at the Cielito Azul Observatory.
The Cielito Azul Observatory weather station current conditions.
powered by Ambient Weather